APR is pleased to present the OEM Golf R/S3 IS38 Turbocharger ECU upgrade for GTI/A3 platform vehicles!
APR’s IS38 Turbocharger ECU Upgrade is designed for use with the factory Golf R / S3 turbo on GTI/A3 platform vehicles and produces an asphalt-shredding 386 HP on 93 octane fuel, and over 400 HP using APR’s upcoming Ethanol Flex Fueling upgrades! It's even compatible with the factory downpipe exhaust system, at lower output levels. Expect lightning fast response coupled with smooth daily driving and a much broader power band that pulls all the way to redline!
Using multiple vehicles across the world and in house, APR’s team of Calibration and Electrical Engineers spent the better part of a year mastering the factory Simos 18 engine management system to work seamlessly with the upgraded IS38 turbocharger unit. All critical aspects of the vehicle’s platform were taken into consideration and monitored through APR’s proprietary engine management logging tools to levels often not seen elsewhere in this industry. Through proper mapping, the ECU fully understands the hardware changes and operates correctly. As such torque delivery is smooth and flat, avoiding compressor surge, limitations in the factory fueling system, and limiting stress on the factory transmission. Cam phasing and valve lift operations are optimized, aiding in turbocharger spool, while allowing the engine to breathe more efficiently at higher engine speeds. Under various operational modes, lambda, ignition advance, requested torque, boost pressure levels and more were painstakingly optimized to produce maximum power without resorting to risky calibration shortcuts.
- Turbocharger: An unmodified, OEM IHI IS38 Turbocharger is required. APR recommends using the latest factory revision (06K145722H as of Oct 20th, 2015) with APR’s Turbo Muffler Delete and recommends replacing factory one time use nuts, bolts, gaskets, and crush washers.
- Intake: The APR Carbon Fiber Intake System is highly recommended. This setup is necessary to achieve the advertised power figures.
- Exhaust: Upgrading the factory downpipe is required for the higher output downpipe software. APR highly recommends using the APR Cast Downpipe System as this system is necessary to achieve the advertised power figures. The factory catback exhaust does not need to be modified.
- Intercooler: Upgrading the factory intercooler is highly recommended. APR recommends using the upcoming APR Intercooler system. This setup is necessary to achieve the advertised power figures consistently.
- Ethanol Support: APR’s upcoming Ethanol Flex Fueling upgrades are required to run Ethanol calibrations. No fueling upgrades are required for conventional gasoline.
- Spark Plugs: Upgrading the spark plugs with Denso Iridium IKH24, gapped to 0.024" ±0.002" or 0.6mm ±0.05mm with a change interval of 10-15,000 mi or 16-24,000 km is required for engine longevity and safety.
- Transmission: APR recommends the APR IS38 TCU Upgrade for maximum performance on DSG / S Tronic models. A clutch upgrade may be necessary on manual transmission vehicles.
- Oil, Coolant and Lubrication: APR recommends using Motul oils, coolants and lubricants with APR's Oil Catch Can System.
APR is pleased to present the ultimate fully adjustable Short Shifter System for the 6 speed manual transmission! The APR Short Shifter System is a comprehensive upgrade to the factory gear shifter assembly and is designed to reduces shifter movement, in all directions, while simultaneously improving shift quality. The system provides fine tuning of front-to-back and side-to-side movements to shorten shifts, counterweight adjustments for enhanced shift quality, and upgrades the weak points of the factory setup to provide years worry free use. The upgrade is simple, easy to install, easy to adjust, and leaves the driver spending less time shifting, and more time accelerating to victory. To APR's engineers, it's the ultimate solution, but to the driver, it just works!
- Fully adjustable front-to-back movement - A slotted adjustment track on the shifter lever allows for precise adjustment of the shifter's forward and backwards travel distance.
- Fully adjustable side-to-side movement - A slotted adjustment track on the relay lever allows for precise adjustment of the shifter's side to side travel distance.
- Adjustable counterweights - Three stackable counterweights allow the driver to change the overall feel of the system to his or her own preference liking.
- Stainless steel spline insert - The unique interlocking stainless steel insert prevents the input spline from wearing out over time. On cast and billet aluminum systems, wear of this part is common, which leads to sloppy shifts, component failure and potentially damage to the transmission.
- Billet relay lever - The CNC-machined, thick billet aluminum relay lever is responsible for side-to-side movement and adjustment. This piece replaces the thin, flexible, stamped metal or plastic factory pieces.
- Billet shift lever - The CNC-machined, thick billet aluminum shifter lever is responsible for front-to-back movement and adjustment. This component houses the counterbalance weights and replaces the factory cast, spline-wear-prone, piece.
- Easy to adjust - Adjustment is as simple as loosening and tightening the pegs or adding more weights. No disassembly required!
- Easy to install - The system mimics the factory shape making install simple and relatively easy. All necessary hardware The system includes new friction material, clips, locking nuts and stainless steel bolts and pegs. It's a complete upgrade and complements the APR Shifter Cable Bracket.
The APR Adjustable Short Shifter system is sold as a complete system, or both pieces can be purchased separately. The system is designed to work with transverse 6 speed manual transmissions, commonly designated as the MQ350, O2M or O2Q. These transmission are found on nearly all MK5, MK6 and MK7 platform Golf/GTI/R/Jetta/GLI, MK2/MK3 A3/S3/TT, Octavia, Leon, Cupra, Scirocco and similar vehicles equipped with the the 1.8T, 2.0T, 2.0 TDI and 3.2L VR6 engines.
It is available in the following configurations:
- Full System - Shifter Lever and Shifter Relay
- Shifter Lever Assembly Only
- Shifter Relay Assembly Only
JUST RELEASED: P3 Now offers a cost effective Boost Gauge which incorporates the awesome digital display and vehicle specific fitment they are know for, now to suit those looking for a simple boost only reading!
Connect with your car in an entirely new way, the P3 VIDI(Vent Integrated Digital Interface) is here! Why settle for just a boost gauge? Sporting features available in products 3x the price, this is a swiss army knife of performance data, with design and integration that won't spoil the clean lines of your interior. Specifically designed to support the VW mk6 platforms. Reads boost and all data directly from the diagnostics port for fast plug and play install.
*Analog boost sensor is recommended for accurate boost readings on cars making more boost then the MAP sensor typically reads, such as Golf R and K04 equipped TSI engines.
- Plug and Play Install - Quick plug and play install with zero cutting required. All power, ground, and data points come directly from the diagnostics port connector.
- Boost/Vacuum Display - High resolution boost/vacuum via diag port for FAST install. Optionally read boost via boost tap (not included).
- Multiple Gauge Displays - Boost/Vac, Coolant Temp, Intake Air Temp, Exhaust Gas Temp, Throttle Plate, Speed, RPM with Shift-light, Battery voltage and more!
- Peak Recall & Run Record - Recall the peak value from any mode, or record and playback 15 seconds of data from the current mode. Temperature peaks recorded in the background.
- Universal Aux Inputs - Includes additional inputs to optionally connect any 0-5v sensor with universal settings for display ranges and bargraph displays from -999 and 9999 max values.
- On the Fly Configuration Menu - Lockout/Display off mode, English(PSI, F, MPH) or Metric(BAR, C, KPH) selection, Adjustable boost display resolution, Ambient Calibration for boost sensor and more!
Now Available: Track Pack Software Upgrade! Makes the awesome P3 gauge system that much better, adds Air/Fuel ratio display and numerous performance timers such as 0-100mph, 60-130mph, etc. (not available for TDI)